RPPC Real Photo Postcard Rome City Indiana Kneipp Sanitarium Wellness Hospital 1920s People Patients Visitors

Real photo postcard shows a mixture of people, women, men, child seated on bench outside the Keipp Sanitarium hospital in Rome City Indiana, postmarked on reverse 1923.

From 1901 to 1976, the Sisters of the Precious Blood owned and operated Kneipp Springs, a health resort and spa with natural mineral springs outside of Rome City, Indiana, about 40 miles northwest of Fort Wayne. Kneipp Springs, called Kneipp Sanatorium, Kneipp Sanitarium, and Kneipp Springs Health Spa throughout its history, was a destination for those seeking the “Kneipp Cure.” Developed by Dr. Sebastian Kneipp, a priest and philosopher living in Bavaria in the late 1880s, the Kneipp Cure sought to prevent or cure illnesses by bringing together mind, body and spirituality through hydrotherapy (water treatments such as hot and cold compresses, bathing in natural springs, etc.) and emphasis on natural foods, exercise and the use of herbal teas.

Condition: VG


Related Items